Koskensaaren nail plant is located in the village of Koskensaari, Petäjävesi town in Central Finland. The very first factory in Koskensaari was built in 1850’s and is the longest continuously operating industrial site in Central Finland.
The manufacturing of nails started in 1860. In the early 1900’s in addition to nail production there were timber industry, box factory, wood workshop and tar and turpentine factory on the site.
The nail plant is today a part of Helsingin Rauta Oy, which is a wholesaler of copper and brass semi-fabricated products.